When opening a brick-n-mortar store you know that picking the right location was key; you want to be located where your customers are. However, even when youre located in the right neighborhoods, you still have to lure customers into your store to make sales. One traditional way shop owners did this was by using sidewalk sales to draw customers around them inside their stores. Its a great advertising tactic but all sales still had to be made inside the store. In recent years, eCommerce has extended the sidewalk sale concept to the Internet. Customers see your products on web sites they go to, and your ad draws them to your online store to make their purchase. But thats all about to change!
By creating social media storefronts, shop owners now can open a virtual store right on the Internets version of a sidewalk. Customers not only see items to buy, they can complete purchases without ever leaving the web site theyre on. This is truly convenient shopping for the customer and convenient revenue for you.
Why Sell on Social Media Sites?
The numbers speak for themselves:
- ComScore reports that Facebook ads reach 75% of Internet users multiple times per month and more than 500 million people view Facebook ads, both on and off Facebook. Proof that your efforts to gain Facebook Likes & Friends is worth the time and investment.
- ROI Research found that:
- In the past year 34% of Facebook users consider themselves more dedicated to retail brands that they are engaged with on the social websites.
- 46% of Twitter users report greater loyalty to brands they follow.
- 63% of Facebook users share product info on the social network with friends and family.
- Over two-thirds (70%) of survey respondents would rather hear about a new product from a Facebook friend than from a brand and (57%) have asked their friends on Facebook for advice before purchasing a product.
How Social Media Storefronts Work
Using sites like Facebook or Twitter, sellers can now build a social media storefront by creating an account in nShop, a new storefront publishing platform being developed by the partnership team of nChannel and ZoopShop. ZoopShops platform already provides an affordable ecommerce storefront with powerful features that enable subscribers to post an item to a social network. Members of the social community can purchase the item from the post using ZoopShops integrated shopping cart features. nShop, powered by nChannel, will give shop owners the ability to use their existing eCommerce, point of sale or business systems to syndicate items to the ZoopShop platform. As customers place orders on ZoopShop or through a social network, orders will be collected in the sellers system of choice.
nShops multi-channel connector will push out item and inventory updates in Microsoft Dynamics GP, NAV, SL or SAGE or RMS systems to storefronts such as Magento, Amazon or eBay eCommerce marketplaces. Any web page, such as a blog, that publishes feeds from Twitter or Facebook communities will provide sidewalk visibility for items to be purchased on the spot.
Learn more about nShop
ZoopShop and nChannel will launch nShop at Microsoft Convergence 2013 where interested companies can sign up for free beta accounts. Affiliate programs will also be launched in summer of 2013 so that content owners can further leverage sales from social communities. Dont want to wait for Convergence, contact nChannel today at email@example.com