Connecting systems isn’t enough. In order to sell in a multichannel environment and win, you must have the draw and ability to offer shoppers what they’re looking for.
With the Any Channel Operations Management (nCOM) AppSuite, nChannel puts a very powerful set of tools at your fingertips to help you compete and win. We couple these tools with some of the smartest minds in multichannel – all focused on helping you succeed. Since no two seller environments are exactly the same, we focus our implementation processes on ensuring we work within your timeline to fit your specific needs.
Some of the most successful brands online trust nChannel to help them manage and operate their online business. We did it for them, and here’s how we can do it for you:
Step 1: Preparation & Design
In this phase we work with you to understand your current environment and needs. We listen, learn and collaborate to ensure a strategic, cohesive plan is in place. We then assign a multichannel advisor who will assist your team with:
- Project Management Services – Multichannel integration often means multi-vendor participation. We will bridge the relationship and gaps between web designers and POS providers and ensure workability. Our project leadership ensures your expectations will be met and good communication flows.
- Product Information Readiness – We will help to identify, gather and collect your product data from various sources and assist with web readiness. For example, your POS system might identify color “blk”, but your website needs “black”. We make these translations with our Product Information Management tools.
- Customer Management – You may choose to sell differently to businesses than consumers. You may choose to offer different prices, payment terms and order fulfillment options. We help you configure the system to meet each of those unique requirements.
- Order Management – Once you decide how orders should be filled (single inventory location, store location,multiple inventory locations , drop ship suppliers, etc.), nChannel uses a nifty tool to split and route any number of orders – you simply outline the rules.
- Financial Management – Your multichannel advisor will evaluate your financial integration needs to ensure your daily and annual records remain in check, while handling the variances between channels in sales reporting, product categories and sales tax rates.
Step 2: Configuration
Our services team will work with you to configure your nCOM account based upon the input and plan designed during the Preparation & Design phase. Configuration includes:
- Configure Connections – We will connect all the systems you use to run your multichannel business to your nCOM subcriber account and make the necessary configuration changes to support your communications preferences for sync frequency and performance.
- Enable Channel Intelligence – Enjoy the many benefits of the nCOM “Channel Intelligence” within days of starting your subscription. A dedicated Channel Intelligence analyst will work with your team to define the real-time reporting information you want view from your dashboard.
- Define Transformations and Business Rules – nCOM has powerful and flexible Connector technology. Each of our Connectors can immediately sync with any software package. We recognize, however, that no business uses “standard” connectivity. Once your connections are configured, we’ll modify them to support your specific business functions. Opt for configurations like “all eBay sales mapped to a specific customer account”, or maybe you want to split the category “mens shoes” into “running”, “walking” and “cross-fit.” We’ll configure those changes here.
- Order Fulfillment – We will design a custom workflow to determine how you want to fulfill your orders. They can be filled from any of your systems, third-party logistics (3PL) or dropship suppliers. They can also be split by geography, inventory availability or both, and be routed through an approval process prior to fulfillment.
- Financial Integration – With over a decade in leadership in financial integration for retail and multichannel sales operations, our team knows the language of accounting. We help define the best methods and work flows for posting sales, purchases, and inventory transactions with your financial systems, as well as summarize journal entries, posted sales, inventory, and purchase transactions.
Step 3: Testing & Training
Before “flipping the switch” we’ll work with your team to conduct a number of tests on each of your configured connections.
- A thorough test is conducted ensuring all data flows as expected through both nCOM and the integrated systems successfully.
- We will provide training for your team to help them work smarter and not harder in their newly “connected” world.
Step 4: Deployment & 24×7 Go-Live Support
We believe with the right amount of planning and testing there should be no surprises going live. Additionally, despite our customer’s independence and self-reliance, we highly regard providing dedicated, in-country 24×7, year-round support.
- Services Monitoring – Our operation center proactively monitors each and every integration point on the nChannel platform ensuring data travels to every end point as expected – often correcting problems before they impact your business.
- Technical Support – Our technical support desk is staffed with knowledgable staff available to help solve problems 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Multichannel Advisors – When you are ready to add new sales channels such as eBay or Amazon, or additional webstores, our team is ready to help. We provide consultation on the best practices for adding channels and how to prepare your data.
nChannel provides 24x7x365 standard support, troubleshooting and problem resolution. nChannel’s support services utilizes a shared team of experts working from a shared work queue to achieve standard Service Level Objective commitments.
- Available via phone and email 24x7x365
- All support incidents regardless of the time they are logged are managed based on Case Priority
- Languages Supported: English
- nChannel will respond to system-generated alerts, investigate failures, resolve issues, and perform retries until a resolution is found.
- nChannel will proactively notify the Subscriber of such incidents as necessary to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
- In the event a maintenance window is required nChannel will provide ample notice to all subscribers
- nChannel platform is available 24x7x365
Subscriber Support Levels
- Investigate all Subscriber-generated incidents
- Confirm level and severity and route accordingly
- Resolve all level 1 support cases according to severity and time parameters
- Escalate support level 2 cases appropriately
- Investigate all escalated cases
- Restart work
- Resolve all level 2 support cases according to severity and time parameters.
- Document and escalate incidents that are considered product defects or enhancements to nChannel Product Development.
- Subscriber request to modify nChannel configuration due to changes to their environment(s) or application(s) or service(s) that nChannel integrates is considered Billable Support and will be charged to subscriber at the contracted hourly rate.
- Any subscriber request to delete or change subscriber source data is considered Billable Support and will be charged to subscriber at the contracted hourly rate.
Priority 1 – nChannel production down
- Response Time: Within 1 hour. (Target 95%)
- Resolution Time: Within 8 hours. (Target 95%)
Priority 2 – Data inconsistencies and/or network-related issues
- Response Time: Within 4 business hours. (Target 95%)
- Resolution Time: Within 16 business hours. (Target 95%)
Priority 3 – Enhancement requests
- Response Time: Within 8 business hours. (Target 95%)
- Resolution Time: Depending on the scope
Orders do not stop flowing when you go home for the night or the weekend or leave for vacation. To ensure your orders get to their destination 24x7x365, nChannel offers a premium level of service to those merchants who want to ensure real-time data delivery. nChannel’s Managed Services offering extends beyond the defined Support Support and Platform Support to give Subscribers the comfort of knowing that orders will be delivered expediently and that statuses will be provided to buyers in a timely fashion.
Managed Services include:
- 24x7x365 data monitoring
- Proactive alert services
- Proactive retries on failures
- Data backup and recovery
- Data validation
- Level 1 and 2 support
- Proactive notification on new releases and patches
- Help desk support for internal users
- Master data loads (customer, item, supplier data)
The most critical success factor in multichannel selling is proper data preparation. During the Product Information Readiness step of the Preparation & Design Phase, we will walk you through a four step process to organize and enhance your data to maximize revenue potential.
Step 1: Source & Select
Like most companies, your product information is probably assembled from a variety of sources and manually blended together and enhanced with descriptions, images and attributes before pushing to the web. Most companies store or master their product in their eCommerce, financial or retail POS system, while their web content may be stored in separate spreadsheets or CSV files. Chances are this information may not be ready to publish as is to your website, Amazon or eBay. It may contain codes like “YLW” for Yellow and “MED” for Medium – or worse.
Often critical product attribute information is stored in unstructured data fields making it difficult to extract for presentation on the web. Until now, you likely spent countless hours using find/replace and copy/paste tools to clean this up.
Our team will work with you to identify and link these data sources to simplify their use. Utilizing our powerful Product Information Management toolset, we will help you streamline, simplify and apply techniques to ensure your master data can be easily maintained and edited long-term.
Step 2: Build Collections
Once your product information has been sourced, our team will work with you to create and organize product collections. Product collections can contain any number of products or product categories and provide an easy way to organize them as required by each of your sales channels.
Our Services team will help you create the right organizational structure to do things like “move only last year’s overstock snowboards to be liquidated on eBay, while this year’s hottest winter wear is featured prominently on Amazon.” The collection process will ensure that while there may only be “mens” and “womens” shoes in your POS system, these can also be organized by “running,” “walking,” brand and price on the web. Unlike other providers, our team will not simply focus on your initial product load, but also make sure you have the right tools to manage the information on an ongoing basis.
Step 3: Prepare & Enhance
Once you’ve organized your product by channel, now it’s time to release your inner merchant. During the enhancement process our team will help you to associate images with products and do bulk product updates for pricing descriptions or promotional programs. If you want to do things like “show only 75% of inventory on-hand on eBay but 100% in retail,” our team will guide you through the process of enhancing your data to ensure maximum shopper attraction.
Step 4: Publish
Finally, when it’s time to publish your now rich product information to your channels, nCOM and our team validates that your data meets the requirements of each channel, we upload the data to the appropriate channel, and complete the loop with a positive acknowledgment that the data got to where it was supposed to go.