Microsoft Dynamics Convergence 2013 is one of the the biggest annual conferences hosted by Microsoft for Microsoft Dynamics customers, prospects, resellers, and Independent Software Developers (ISVs). This event is meant for Partners and customers to collaborate, learn from and network with some of the greatest Microsoft Dynamics minds in the business. Before you head out to Convergence consider these tips.
- Set conference goals for your companys attendance or do so with your Microsoft Dynamics Partner. Convergence is very large and youll be seeing lots of innovative and new technologies designed to solve all sorts of business challenges for companies. Be sure your goals are clearly defined so you dont lose track of what you came to accomplish. If youre attending with your partner, communicating your goals will allow them to assist you in selecting the right sessions and experts to see.
- List and bring with you the questions your company has about Microsoft Dynamics. Keep your questions (and the answers you find!) handy as youll encounter experts and knowledgeable customers that will spur new ideas (and perhaps more questions).
- Convergence is a great opportunity to network network with Microsoft! Ask your Partner to set up a meeting with key Microsoft experts speaking about your area of interest. These experts are there to answer your questions so be sure to seek them out and get your questions answered.
- Build out your schedule before you go. The Convergence website gives you some great filtering tools to help you quickly identify the sessions and events most relevant to your needs.
- Engage and dont be shy. Convergence is all about networking – youll get out what you put it. Dont be afraid to ask and approach people.
- Visit the Microsoft Solutions Experience for hands on the Microsoft products. This is the go to place for Technical Support, Product Demos, Hands on Labs, and the AXUG, CRMUG, GPUG, and NAVUG User Groups. Bring your product challenges to the Technical Support team and let them attack the tough issues.
- Contact these ISV Partners and vendors while at Convergence (or ahead of time) for a time to meet or stop by their exhibit to discuss a specific issue. They will plan to have the right people present to answer all your questions.
- Get regular updates on the Convergence 2013 Facebook page and connect with other attendees.
- Check out preview Microsoft Dynamics community videos by subscribing to the Convergence YouTube playlist. Join the Microsoft Dynamics Community LinkedIn group.
- Get connected. Meet and talk to your Dynamics peers, share experiences, join a user group to exchange ideas and resources. Spend more time networking and less time answering emails.
- Be sure to attend the keynote sessions and look for the new breakout sessions-especially the deep dive sessions. Get seated early. The keynotes will be packed.
- Find the secret paths to the eating halls and learning center to save you hundreds of steps, which is important after four days at a conference.
- Wear comfortable shoes!
- Pack light. Leave room in your suitcase for all the information you will gather.
- Bring lots of business cards for networking and drawings.
- Have fun! Attend the parties and the Matchbox Twenty concert. Use the social events to breakdown the professional barriers let your guard down and new insights or a great new business relationship.
- Twitter: Stay completely current by following Convergence on Twitter with the account tag @MSFTConvergence and the event hashtag is #conv13
- Convergence Blog: Get the latest news and announcements by subscribing to the Convergence blog via RSS.
- Stop by the nChannel booth and get a free conference t-shirt and save yourself from packing an extra shirt.
- Ask nChannel about their Convergence 2013 special offer.
It will be action packed at Convergence from Monday, March 18 to the Closing Celebration on Thursday, March 21! See you at Convergence!
Join The Conversation