The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic touches each of us in different ways. As we all struggle to cope with its effects, it’s also a time where we can all come together to help in any way we can. At nChannel, we always strive to help eCommerce and retail businesses grow. During these unprecedented times, that is no different.
As you navigate these evolving challenges, we hope to make your time a little bit easier by giving you one resource of the latest news from financial assistance to eCommerce help and adjusting to working from home.
Most of all, we’re inspired by the creativity we’re witnessing every day by business owners to overcome these circumstances!
We will continue to share resources, advices, and best practices as they become available. If you think we missed any, please leave them in the comments so we can add them.
Table of Contents
Please use these links to find the content you need.
- Small Business Financial Relief
- Fulfillment Resources
- eCommerce / Retail Resources
- Employee Management / Remote Work
Small Business Financial Relief
1. Forbes Small Business Relief Tracker
Comprehensive list of how government agencies, private companies and nonprofit organizations are extending support for American businesses.
2. U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Assistance in Response to Coronavirus
See what areas are eligible for SBA disaster loans, which changes often. To apply for assistance: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/
3. IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief
Tax Day is moving from April 15 to July 15 to allow individuals and businesses more time to file and pay without interest or penalties. Americans who are owed refunds are encouraged to file immediately.
4. U.S. Chamber of Commerce Coronavirus Response Toolkit
Sharable graphics based on the CDC’s latest guidance for businesses and employees. They encourage you to share these assets on social media, websites, and other channels, and send them to your colleagues and employees. Example: Customizable flyer for small businesses to inform customers of their efforts toward COVID-19.
5. Facebook Small Business Grants Program
Facebook is offering $100M in case grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries where they operate. Sign up for more information and notification of when they start taking applications. In addition, check out Facebook’s Business Resource Hub.
6. Discounts for Small Businesses
Many brands and companies are offering discounts on products and services that may help you through this time. Check in with providers like:
- eCommerce services offering free months of service, longer trials and/or free set-up
- Credits for small businesses from issuers like Citi, American Express and Chase
- Free online education courses
7. Mark Cuban’s 4 Best Tips to Business Owners on Weathering a Downturn
The billionaire ‘Shark Tank’ star fielded questions on LinkedIn to help entrepreneurs brainstorm ways to keep their companies afloat and avoid layoffs.
1. Amazon FBA Announcements
- How to Sell Food Online During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How to Adapt Your Business During COVID-19
- How to Fulfill Orders: Amazon Suspends some FBA Support During COVID-19 Pandemic
3. Amazon (Fulfillment by Amazon) FBA Alternatives
As FBA suspends some FBA support, check out these alternative fulfillment options to Amazon.
1. Shopify Resources
- Make gift card store on Shopify – Gift cards are now supported on all Shopify plans.
- Build Buy Online, Pickup Curbside Store – Step-by-step guide for quick launch
- Shopify’s COVID-19 Community Forum
- Shopify Store Setup Assistance – A team of agency owners, freelancers, and Shopify employees have combined forces to help you, the business owner, get up and running on Shopify so you can continue to operate your business online during this unprecedented time.
- A place to find and shop small eCommerce Brands – First marketplace to help small eCommerce brands expand their reach.
4. How to Communicate with Empathy During the Coronavirus Crisis
Klaviyo’s guide on how to effectively communicate with customers to get your important messages across.
Employee Management / Working from Home
1. COVID-19 Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Questions and Answers
See additional obligations for employers under FMLA regarding sick employees or those caring for ill family members.
2. Five Ways to Manage Small Business Coronavirus Concerns When Employees Can’t Work from Home
While COVID-19 has pushed many companies to adopt remote work practices, here are some ideas to consider for employees who do not have the option to work remotely.
3. Four Ways Your Business Can Support Remote Workers
Regardless of coronavirus, remote work is becoming more popular. See how you can invest in remote work and start adapting today.