I commented this morning on a discussion group I follow for eCommerce merchants. One of our members was asking how to get more product reviews (and if there is a solution for pulling product reviews across multiple sites).
Thought I’d share a strategy that seems to work well for one of my favorite online stores:
By continuing to have a dialogue with your customer after the sale, you can incent them to review their purchases (and buy more stuff). Your timing has to be spot on however. Here’s a strategy one of favorite online store uses (and it’s suckered me in).
The best time to solicit a product review is within 24 hours of your customer receiving the product. Your buyer is either ecstatic or disappointed – emotion spurs a better chance of soliciting action. This merchant sends me a personalized email the evening I receive the product (never fails!) asking me if everything was ok? Was it delivered on time, did it meet my expectations…To respond, they give me a link that enables me to comment on the product.
They also send me a small discount coupon as a thank you for commenting (which of course spurs me on to buy again). I don’t know of a way to drag comments across sites – but if the strategy works, you wouldn’t need to find a solution to do this.
Some might say the process is too labor intensive, but if you build templates and get the timing right, you could partially automate. If you’re sending out newsletters or promotions, don’t forget to address your buyers again, asking for their feedback (and incent them with a discount)
Here is the video that premiered at Retail Realm January 2012
[vimeo width=”620″ height=”480″ link=”http://vimeo.com/35962048″]
If you skipped it this year dont miss Retail Realm 2013 (we’re already registered). Our experience was great. Wanted to share some pics from Retail Realm 2012 in Las Vegas last week. We had standing room only in our first session to introduce nChannel to the RMS community. The Retail Realm conference reminded us of the old Great Plains and Solomon days when the partner community knew everyone, and conferences like Stampede were intimate, not mammoth. This RMS community is very supportive of each other and were looking forward to this conference growing and evolving. We need to get more customers there however next year. Its an excellent opportunity for customers to learn about new solutions, but also to learn from the expertise that is available in this community.
On February 14th, 2012
Show Some Love and Participate in nChannel’s Limited Availability Program
30 Day Free Trial – PLUS – Fantastic Introductory Pricing
Our brand new web-based management platform gives customers the ability to connect their existing POS, eCommerce and Accounting systems to the cloud so they can manage data from their very own nChannel portal.
What can you do with nChannel?
1. Easily view sales orders and inventory availability from any sales channel – across stores or the web. Log in from home or your SmartPhone to see sales and other information across your entire enterprise.
2. Manage item information in one place. With nChannel you manage data in one place, knowing that any changes you make will automatically sync to POS and/or your web sites.
3. Connect your accounting system to enable you to easily integrate and differentiate sales by Store, or by Web Sites. Integrated POs and matching invoices become simple with nChannel.
4. Connect your suppliers free! Imagine what you could do with access to your supplier’s item data…images, descriptions and any other data you need can be instantly synched to POS or your web sites or both.
nChannel’s Cloud-Based Management Platform for Retailers Can Take Your Business To New Heights
Recurring Revenue in as Little as 30 Days!
Attend our webcast to learn how
Thursday December 1st 2:00 EST
nChannel puts you in direct control of your Customers. In a matter of minutes you can provision the connections they need to:
- Easily connect POS and eCommerce data to today’s leading Accounting Systems
- Provide valuable retail reporting for as little as $49/mo
- Manage inventory between stores
- Execute drop ship programs and other value added services
- And more…
Using our platform you’ll be able to provide more value to your customers at no additional cost to your company.
- Get paid within 30 days of signing up customers
- Lower support costs with instant alerts and transaction visibility
- Solve your customer’s connection problems in days not weeks
- Gain competitive advantage over your competition
Let us show you our unique approach and platform for helping your customers manage multi-channel retail!