There are some companies that just do things right. Midwest Photo Exchange (MPEX) is one of them. They struggled to manage two independent sales systems (POS and eCommerce), thus decided to make the investment to integrate them. Much to their delight, they immediately began to see improvements across many areas of their business. Take a look at how this integration strategy led to some highly beneficial outcomes.
- Save money MPEX estimates that it saves $12,000-15,000 annually in labor costs because staff no longer spends their days manually entering web orders into its POS system, monitoring multiple systems to ensure they didnt miss something, and cleaning up after data entry errors.
- Introduce new products to market faster New and trending products are fully synchronized across all of their sales channels, especially the web, faster and more accurately so they can gain exposure through search engines before their competitors. Being the first to the market with the latest electronics is a definite competitive advantage.
- Manage pricing and promotions With discontinued items, promotions and price matches being commonplace in the specialty camera retail market, effective price management is imperative to success. Integration has allowed MPEX to make price adjustments in a single location (their POS system) where it is then dynamically updated enterprise-wide. This agility helps them secure more customers and retain them.
- Improve data consistency Through integration, MPEX can now manage customer information, tendering, order data, item detail and stock levels in one system. With this structure, learning curves are short because staff only has to learn one system, and data is more consistent enterprise-wide because the data is synchronized from that single system to all others.
- Free up executives and management Because the companys leaders are no longer putting out fires and trying to catch up, they can focus on staff development, improve operations and explore new sales avenues. This ultimately benefits customers as there are more MPEX people available to service them.
eCommerce & POS Integration Case Study
Read the full case study to learn more about Midwest Photo Exchanges story.