The retail industry is competitive and its vitally important for an organization to gain an advantage any way it can. By utilizing a Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS), retail companies can gain that advantage, as it provides a comprehensive POS solution that connects information and a variety of processes that will enhance operations.
By integrating warehousing, merchandising systems and other operational platforms, a Microsoft POS system is perfect for streamlining operations across an entire retail chain.
Here are five reasons why we like Microsoft Dynamics RMS for companies that are launching retail operations or looking to replace their Point of Sale Systems.
1. Open API There are lots of add-ons for Microsoft Dynamics RMS and for good reason. Microsoft makes the API available to developers which makes it easy for companys like us to help customers leverage their investment.
2. Easy to learn and use – Microsoft Dynamics POS has a similiar look and feel to Microsoft office, so its familiar to users. Its also very intuitive which cuts training time and improves performance.
3. Track and Manage Store Inventory With features that enable you to store supplier information, initiate POs and manage replenishment, reducing out of stocks. If by chance you are in an out-of-stock situation, you can place an order right from the register.
4. Reporting Powerful reporting tools allow you to make informed decisions about your company, maximizing your profit in the present and setting it up for future success.
5. Customization Microsoft POS systems can be customized to your companys specific needs. There is a large supporting partner community of resellers too, which ensures that you have adequate support and assistance should you need it.
Ability to Connect Dynamics ERP & POS
nChannel chose to connect with RMS because its used by a wide range retailers with a supportive reseller community. We also believe Microsoft Dynamics POS is economical and flexible to accomodate the needs of those retailers that one store or many. We see many distributors and manufacturers that have both wholesale and retail operations. Often these companies are using a Microsoft Dynamics ERP to run their operations, and choose to use Microsoft POS to run their retail operations. The nChannel platfrom enables these customers to capitalize on the investment theyve made in these systems by connecting them together along with a wide variety of other systems that may be used to sell products into other channels, such as a web site or marketplaces like eBay and Amazon.